Tuesday, June 26, 2007

camping

Friday was the day from hell. By the time Jon arrived home at 5:56 pm, I was completely ready to get away (and possibly never come back!) Luckily we had a car packed with camping gear and goodies, and we had some good friends waiting for us at a campsite in Wisconsin. Izzie and I were on the road at 6:01.

I had made the decision earlier in the week that only Izzie and I would be going on this little getaway. It would give us some girls only bonding time, and allow the boys some time together as well. Jon and I have talked about the idea of having 1 on 1 "dates" with our kids for a while now, but this was the first time we actually pulled it off.

Once we got out the door and on the road, I could feel the stress lifting off of my shoulders. We drove with the windows down and the music cranked up. Izzie clapped and "sang" along in the backseat.

I love camping. There's just something about being outdoors and away from everyday life. This trip was particularly cathartic because we had such fantastic company. The whole weekend was relaxed and fun.


Chillaxin':
Exploring Nature:
Spending time with other kids:

Sharing:
Or not:
as I've said before: don't come between this girl and her food...
(poor Makena looks so forlorn! Sorry M!)

5 Comments:

At 1:53 PM , Blogger kazahe said...

look at that death glare!

 
At 5:55 PM , Blogger FrogMom said...

Great photos as always Jayme. It looks like a nice weekend!

 
At 6:26 PM , Blogger Stacie said...

That face in the last picture! Too funny!

 
At 7:52 PM , Blogger Mama Papaya said...

Wow! DO NOT get between that little girl and her food. That look cracks me up. Sounds like you ladies and gentlemen had a great time. Hope it made up for the day from hell.

 
At 6:04 AM , Blogger Stacy said...

I love the glare too. She could give Lucy a run for her money! Looked like a great getaway.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home