Friday, June 15, 2007

tutu

I've been seeing some seriously adorable tutus lately. Being the crafty girl I am, I figured I might as well try to make one...

Here's the result:

Yes, Elijah is wearing a tutu. If anyone can suggest a fun male equivalent, I'm all ears. Otherwise, I'm perfectly fine with breaking gender stereotypes...

(Also, Izzie was asleep, and I was dying to see what it looked like...)







7 Comments:

At 4:39 PM , Blogger Mark and Sarah said...

Jayme,

I can't wait to see your craftiness. For some reason the photos aren't showing up. Maybe it's my computer?

 
At 11:32 PM , Blogger Tiny's Mom said...

Oh my! Elijah sure does look stunning in that purple tutu!
I love it!

 
At 8:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is too cute! I dig the retro violet. She actually looks like a flower :)

 
At 8:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHOA! I clearly did not recognize Elijah. He too resembles a fluer.

 
At 9:26 PM , Blogger Stacie said...

That is adorable- you'll have to share how you made it b/c it is too cute! I love the purple!!

 
At 4:56 PM , Blogger kazahe said...

This makes me happy.

you are a bad ass momma.

 
At 8:09 PM , Blogger jayme said...

Stacie~
Making the tutu was super easy! I bought 2 colours of tulle at Michaels (in the wedding section), and then I basically followed these instructions:

http://kiddley.com/2007/02/06/no-sew-tutu/

The elastic headband was way too big on the twins, so i just twisted it in half when I was done to make for a fuller tutu. As they grow, I'll untwist it and add more tulle as needed. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home