Monday, June 04, 2007

Downtown....

Last Friday we ventured into Chicago to meet Jon for lunch at the Turkish Festival. I love the fact that we live in such a diverse place, where we can attend cultural festivals and learn about destinations all around the globe. I also love that we can spend a little more time with Jon. The kids got to see his building:

(whoa... that's big)At the festival, we noshed on spinach pie, hummus, and falafel and explored some of the gorgeous Turkish handicrafts for sale at the booths:
After Jon left to go back to work, we watched musicians and dancers perform. We saw a guy beating a drum that he held in his mouth as he spun around:
The music and dancing was beautiful, and their clothing was so intricate:
True to form, Isabel loved the music, and clapped along with the rest of the crowd. I was really hoping to see some whirling dervishes, but that was the one thing we missed.

When the performances ended, we made our way to Millennium Park.

By that time the twins were pretty tired of sitting in the stroller, so we found a grassy spot to relax. They were getting ready for the gospel festival which started that evening, so we got to listen to the musicians warming up. Once again, Isabel found the beat and started clapping and dancing. This child has a future in music. I'm sure of it.

Izzie and I played peek-a-boo:


and Elijah learned how to put a cap on a plastic bottle:


We walked by the fountain on our way back to Jon's office building. I love interactive public art. Tons of kids were playing in the fountain and seemed to be having a fantastic time.

By the time we got back to Jon's building, Izzie and Elijah were completely zonked out.

5 Comments:

At 9:10 PM , Blogger Mama Papaya said...

Well, WELCOME BACK! Please note that I was not throwing stones in my glass house. Beautiful post on the many faces and families in adoption. May we always choose each other in the end.

 
At 11:24 AM , Blogger insanemommy said...

I just want to reach out and kiss those little babies. They are adorable..... Congrats....

Rony

 
At 1:28 PM , Blogger rebekah said...

Nice to see new pictures! And I love mama papaya's quote "May we always choose each other in the end." And of course I always love your commentary, Jayme, it's why I read your blog! (and for the pictures:))

 
At 10:32 PM , Blogger kazahe said...

oh, I love the city. And you. And jon. and your children! :)

 
At 1:50 AM , Blogger Blondie said...

Glad to see you back online.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home