Thursday, July 03, 2008

a taste of insanity

3 moms + 4 kids + intense sun + large crowds - naps = pandemonium.

here's the run down of the days' events:

we rode:
the L train

we arrived at the festival:

we ate: fried plantain with spicy peanut sauce, veggie gyros, vegetable tempura, nutella crepe, garlic cheese bread, guacamole with chips, roasted corn, gazpacho with avocado, and rice pudding with mango and dried cranberries.

we drank: water, lemonade, more water, beer

we saw:hoofers

buckingham fountain

we played, danced, and relaxed:


elijah courted nora:


we heard: joss stone

we learned: that Chicago public transportation is not nearly as accessible as it ought to be.

but mostly we survived and had a pretty great time in the process!

4 Comments:

At 12:17 PM , Blogger 5KidMom said...

I LOVE the Taste of Chicago!!! It has been years since I have been, but it sounds like they still have the best food of any festival I've ever been too. Glad you were able to enjoy the day. 8^)

 
At 1:08 PM , Blogger Tarah said...

How fun! Sounds like you know how to spend your time!!!

 
At 6:02 PM , Blogger D said...

I'm assuming you got recipes for all your delights...to serve to your out-of-state guests when they arrive!! :)

 
At 8:13 AM , Blogger kazahe said...

SOO JEALOUS!

I miss Chicago, hopefully between quarters a visit will be in order!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home