Friday, June 20, 2008

update

Everything's fine!

We met with the neurologist this morning and he said that she has had the cyst since birth and since it is not impairing her functioning, there is no need to take any sort of action. Apparently the type of cyst she has is extremely common and never malignant. This is a huge relief to all of us.

She will have to take special precautions to avoid head injuries because those might cause the cyst to rupture. Essentially, this means that she will not be allowed to engage in any cage fighting. That's a bummer, but I'm sure we can find suitable alternatives.

Seriously though, I want to thank everyone for your support and kindness. It's a wonderful feeling to know that there are so many people out there who care!

9 Comments:

At 5:21 PM , Blogger Julie said...

Oh thank God. Her career in the roller derby is officially over though (:

I am so glad to hear this.

 
At 7:20 PM , Blogger cathy said...

That is the best news I've heard in a while. I am so, so happy for you.

 
At 9:13 PM , Blogger Mama Papaya said...

Happy news. I mean tragic about the cage fighting and all, but otherwise yay!!

 
At 7:09 AM , Blogger FrogMom said...

Wonderful news!

 
At 9:50 AM , Blogger Mark and Sarah said...

Hooray, huge *sigh* of relief from the West!

 
At 5:17 PM , Blogger Jesi Q said...

Woohoo!!!! Rejoicing here in sunny and HOT So Cal! Yeah for the great news!

 
At 6:40 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Fantastic news. Now, down to the real business of summer. Hope to see you guys soon. Beach trip??

 
At 10:05 AM , Blogger los cazadores said...

I'm glad to read of this good news...

Cindy

 
At 5:16 AM , Blogger Stacie said...

Thank goodness! I'm happy to hear it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home