bargaining
Just now this hilarious thing happened:
elijah came to me holding a box of toys and asked me to help him open them.
jayme: I'll tell you what, if you go ask daddy to bring me some juice, then I'll open the box for you.
elijah: okay mama (walks away to the top of the stairs and yells down)
dada, bring mama's juice upstairs please
jon: what?
elijah: Jon (hislastname) (mylastname)** please bring mama's juice PLEASE!!!
(walks back to me)
i did it. open box please?
** the kids have both of our last names, jon's first and then mine. Somehow they decided that Jon's and my names also include both last names in that order. For the record, I'm all for that, but Jon refuses...


1 Comments:
cute :) Our kids will have both of our names too (B-P). A lot of people already socially call us the "B-P family" which we're cool with.
But nothing gets me more angry than receiving something in the mail addressed to "Mr and Mrs Rich P"... grrr...Fortunately Rich "gets it" and always comments on how rude the sender is to minimize the equal role I play in our family.
Why are some Americans so reluctant to change sexist and insulting traditions???
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home