it's awful quiet around here...
Jon's been out of town all week for work, and Roscoe's on vacation in puppy wonderland

(i.e. my father's house) where he has 8 acres to run wild on, explore, chase squirrels, chipmunks, and the occasional deer, and fall asleep each night completely exhausted. He also has these two to play with:



I thought it would be nice to not have to worry about walking the dog in addition to taking care of the kids, but the truth is, I miss him. There's something comforting about the pitter patter of his little feet coming my way, even if he's just coming to beg me for a piece of cheese. And although I'm still not sure how one medium sized dog can manage to take up an entire queen sized bed, I miss walking into my room and seeing him perched upon the pillows in a gross display of the comfort hound he truly is:

The kids keep asking about him, and I'm not quite sure how to get the idea of vacation across to them. I keep telling them that he's at grandpa and aunt Nay Nay's house with Waldo and Bailey. He'll be there for a whole week because this weekend we're running away to Indiana Amish Country. I can't wait to escape, if only for a little while. I'm sure we'll come back with tons of pictures and stories.
(i.e. my father's house) where he has 8 acres to run wild on, explore, chase squirrels, chipmunks, and the occasional deer, and fall asleep each night completely exhausted. He also has these two to play with:



I thought it would be nice to not have to worry about walking the dog in addition to taking care of the kids, but the truth is, I miss him. There's something comforting about the pitter patter of his little feet coming my way, even if he's just coming to beg me for a piece of cheese. And although I'm still not sure how one medium sized dog can manage to take up an entire queen sized bed, I miss walking into my room and seeing him perched upon the pillows in a gross display of the comfort hound he truly is:
The kids keep asking about him, and I'm not quite sure how to get the idea of vacation across to them. I keep telling them that he's at grandpa and aunt Nay Nay's house with Waldo and Bailey. He'll be there for a whole week because this weekend we're running away to Indiana Amish Country. I can't wait to escape, if only for a little while. I'm sure we'll come back with tons of pictures and stories.


3 Comments:
Awh, I miss him for you. Roscoe has definite presence. I am so glad he is getting to run around and play. Sounds like a nice vacation for him. I am sure he is missing you guys too!
Oooooo, you're going to Amish country with Nancy? I'm totally jealous, you guys! It's going to be a beautiful weekend in many ways, I'm sure. Wish I could come... :)
I'll just have to wait 'til our post-lottery vacation together!!! :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home