Sunday, September 23, 2007

anniversaries

Yesterday was our 5th wedding anniversary. I can't believe how time flies, and how much we've grown since we got married.


Today is the anniversary of my mother's death. I had asked her not to die on my anniversary, so she waited until the day after. It's been a very hard month for me. I miss her. I've spent much of today reflecting on her life and looking through old pictures. Here are some of my favourites:








10 Comments:

At 5:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jayme:

It is so nice to meet your mom. I know this has been a difficult time for you and as always you handle it with grace. I imagine you do miss her a lot.

Happy anniversary you two!!!!

 
At 7:03 PM , Blogger Mamato2 said...

Happy Anniversary!
I love the pics of your mom, especially the black and whites. may the love and memories sustain you.

 
At 7:59 AM , Blogger LISA said...

Happy Anniversary, 5 years!!
I'm glad you shared the pictures of your mom.

 
At 8:44 AM , Blogger kazahe said...

I love you two.
I showed my mom the pictures. After much confusion of why her young face was on the internet, she finally figured it out.

I honestly have never been so blessed to have your family as my family too.

 
At 8:59 AM , Blogger Tiny's Mom said...

Happy Anniversary!

What beautiful photos & such a beautiful Mom, I am so glad that you shared with us.

 
At 9:55 AM , Blogger Deirdre said...

What a bittersweet time this must be for you, as you celebrate your anniversary but also mourn the loss of your mother. Have you read the book "Motherless Mothers" by Hope Edelman? I've been meaning to pick it up since Sidamo came home and I've started feeling my mom's absence in new ways. Other mom-friends who have lost their mothers recommend it highly, so I thought I'd pass the suggestion along.

Anyway, I hope you find peace in celebrating your anniversary and in celebrating the memories of your mother.

 
At 1:15 PM , Blogger Cindy said...

Many Berekets (blessings) to you Jayme.

 
At 9:14 AM , Blogger Heather said...

Jayme, your wedding photo is just beautiful!!! It is fun to see you before the babies! (since I didn't 'know' you then). My thoughts are with you in regards to your mother. Wishing for peace for you.
Heather

 
At 4:56 AM , Blogger Blondie said...

Happy anniversary, Jayme. We almost share the same wedding date - we got married on the 23rd.

I'm also sorry for your loss - it must be hard to feel so happy in love but at the same time feel such pain about your Mom.

Thanks for sharing your life with us all. :)

 
At 9:56 AM , Blogger JamiMaria said...

Thanks for sharing these pictures! I think I have a little tear in my eye now!

Your whole family is so beautiful, Jayme.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home