Monday, October 15, 2007

Traditions

One of the things that I love the most about having my own family is that we have the opportunity to create or carry on traditions that mean something to us. Recently, we've decided that we want to make Sunday Brunch a weekly ritual. I love that brunch is coming back, and restaurants are coming up with some really mouthwatering breakfast options.

After doing lots of research and compiling a long list of brunch options, we decided to go to a little restaurant down the road from us called M.Henry .

The decor was sort of flea-market eclectic (which is totally my style), and the menu changes seasonally in order to offer the freshest locally grown and organic ingredients. Brunch options were inventive and totally delicious, and the service was phenomenal- the kids each got small fruit bowls just after we were seated, and everyone from the host to the busboy paid special attention to the twins.

We've kind of given up on ordering off the Children's Menu, since it's rarely enough food for our ravenous eaters. Plus, Kids menu offerings are typically pretty bland, and we want to encourage our kids to eat adventurously. We decided to order 4 adult entrees and everyone would sample each dish.

(full disclosure: I did not bring my camera, so this is not exactly the food we had, but it's pretty darn close...) We had spicy, savoury black bean cakes with Chipotle sour cream and scrambled eggs, lemon curd and blackberry brioche french toast, mango blueberry blisscakes, and a mexicali bennie which involved a cornmeal base, adobo sauce, eggs, and a side of plantains. We were in heaven!



3 Comments:

At 11:30 AM , Blogger Tiny's Mom said...

Yummmmmmmmm

 
At 1:08 PM , Blogger Hoffbeauty said...

Jayme, I love the brunch idea! And I love traditions, too....I know what you mean about them. Seth is already excited about our Christmas tradition, even though it's 71 days away (not that he's counting). ;)

I have to tell you that this morning, Thaddy was hiding behind Jeff's legs, and when he poked his head out, he looked just like Elijah! Isn't that funny that I had that thought? It was uncanny, really....seriously! :)

 
At 1:49 PM , Blogger Christina said...

Thanks Jayme! I'm now crying into my bowl of oatmeal as I remember the wonderful vegetarian offerings that Chicago has to offer. Here in South Bend, we just don't have many choices (read: no choices at all :) ). At least I get to read about someone else's eating pleasure, so feel free to keep sharing! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home