Dancing
In anticipation for Baby Loves Disco next month, we've been watching lots of dancing videos and practicing our moves. We draw inspiration from all types of dance from around the world, and watch everything from So you think you can dance to Rize, Center Stage to Stomp the Yard. Here are a few of our favourites:
Clogging
Tinikling
Filipino Prisoners Dancing
Crazy Flexibility
Capoeira
Ballet
Contemporary
Step
Bollywood


4 Comments:
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Indian dancing.
I love to dance! Not freestyle, but I tap, do a little ballet and jazz, and am currently taking belly dancing which I LOVE!!! I can do all that but if you try and pull me out onto a dance floor to boogey, I will resist and run away! I'm gonna get the boys little tap shoes ASAP :).
BTW, if you ever happen to rent the DVD Ghost World (which happens to be among my favorite movies), there is the grooviest bollywood style video in the special features section of the DVD. Way cool :). OH wait! I just did a search and here's a link to it!
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/jan-pehechan-ho/2193697047
Jayme, we are still hoping to do Baby Loves Disco next month - I'll keep you posted. We have to go up to MN to see J's parents in November though, and that may be the only weekend we can do it. I'll let you know when it is all sorted out.
Cindy - I love me some Ghost World too - but I have never seen the video (?). Remember when Thora Birch was considered the big actress in that flick? ;) It's also the movie that made me love Steve Buscemi. He will always be weirdly endearing to me, no matter how creepy the character he plays actually is.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home