Saturday, October 13, 2007

going to the zoo, zoo, zoo

The other day it was beautiful outside so we went to check out the animals at the zoo:










Along the way, we practiced our animal sounds. Izzie and Elijah are getting really good. So far they know that:

lions say "rawr"(with both hands open around their face)
horses say "neigh neigh"
sheep say "baaaa"
cats say "meow meow"
dogs say "ffffff"
snakes say "ssssss" (with accompanying slithery hand motion)
frogs say (stick out tongues rapidly)
seals say "ar ar ar" (with hands clapping)
elephants say "brrrrrrr" (with hands making a trunk motion)
cows say "mooo"
pigs say "oink oink"
ducks say "quack quack" (with arms flapping)
birds say "tweet tweet"
fish say (fishy lips)
turkeys say "gobble gobble"

They also know that mama says "I love you" and daddy says "no no"

Here's Izzie and Elijah in front of the place where Jon and I got married. (yes, we essentially got married in the zoo.) It's one of our favourite places in the city, and I love that we have such a personal connection to it!

3 Comments:

At 11:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the lion/lionesses. The picture of Elijah is stunning to say the least. Your kids take great pictures.

 
At 9:06 PM , Blogger Mama Papaya said...

So your zoo kicks our zoo's butt. Beautiful pictures Jayme.

 
At 5:08 PM , Blogger cathy said...

That close up of Elijah is seriously the most beautiful photo I have ever seen. WOW!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home