Wednesday, July 25, 2007

cuteness

Before the babies came, I taught preschool. Tonight we ran into one of my former students and her family at a neighborhood farmer's market. She's 7 years old now (going on 25), absolutely gorgeous, and incredibly smart.

When I introduced her to Izzie and Elijah and told her that they were born in Ethiopia, she excitedly shot back at me "Wow, you've been to the horn of Africa!!!"

Seeing as most adults can't correctly identify the location of Ethiopia, I was incredibly impressed that this 7 year old child knew all about it.

In full disclosure, I guess it makes sense that she is aware of Ethiopia, as her father is Rastafari, but still it made me smile!

1 Comments:

At 11:50 PM , Blogger Single PAP said...

I teach preschool and am constantly amazed at what they retain and use in conversations! Amazing!! Your kiddos are going to amaze you with things like that, too-- X 2. It'll be fun!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home