Monday, July 16, 2007

my favourite place in the whole wide universe

On Saturday, we took the kids to Ravinia for the first time. For those who aren't local, or who don't know about it, Ravinia is this amazing outdoor concert space on the north shore of Chicago.

People come from far and wide schlepping tables, chairs, blankets, picnic baskets, and bottles of wine just in order to relax in Ravinia's idyllic setting and listen to beautiful music.

Ravinia has always been a magical place to me. The majority of the concerts are held in the evenings, and there's just nothing like listening to Mozart, Rachmaninoff, or Prokofiev under the stars. In recent years, they've also begun to host more "popular music", and we've been fortunate to see a few of our favourite musicians there.

We had decided long ago that whenever we had children, we wanted to introduce them to Ravinia and make sure that it becomes one of their happy childhood memories. When looking at this summer's schedule, I was thrilled to find that an entire series of kids' concerts had been planned.

On Saturday, Justin Roberts was playing. We arrived early and set up our stuff.




The kids had a nice time hanging out under the table:


Isabel danced to the music for a little while, but both kids were far more interested in eating the loaf of sourdough bread and cherries we had picked up from the farmer's market on the way.
This picture is Izzie asking for more to eat:


3 Comments:

At 12:35 PM , Blogger Stacy said...

I see your kids have mastered the leak proof sippy cup shake and dribble! Lucy learned very early how to smack those cups until the pluggy thing fell out so she could pour out water to her hearts content. When I come visit we have to go to this place!!!! How fun.

 
At 2:42 PM , Blogger Cindy said...

Ohhh, I wish I had Eli's hair! What a gorgeous boy, such an intense face (sis is pretty gorgeous too!).

 
At 5:34 PM , Blogger Mamato2 said...

Looks and sounds like a great time! And, as always, I love seeing pics of the babies! Lots of people seem to be getting twins referrals with my agency, right now, but yours are the first boy-girl set I have seen and it's amazing to watch them grow and change! :)
Blessings,
L.http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=32b45f4a567aac1acf0204&skin_id=601&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url
Etio-journey:

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home