Monday, May 07, 2007

Party time!

On Sunday afternoon, we celebrated the twins' first birthday. We decided to have a picnic in the park and then walk around the zoo. Family and friends came into the city to celebrate with us, and we all had a fantastic time.
I don't really know a lot about birthday party etiquette. All the kids helped Isabel and Elijah open their gifts. It was a lot of fun watching them all go crazy, opening and then playing with all of the toys.
I loved that it was a group effort and all the kids had a great time! However, the unexpected consequence of going that route is that now we have no idea who gave us what, which will make writing thank you notes a bit of a challenge. (oops!)
After eating a great lunch, the kids got to dig in to their own birthday cupcakes.
And, like any good mother, I completely pawned my children off on our guests:
After the party, we went for a quick walk around the zoo. both kids fell asleep pretty quickly, exhausted from the days festivities. We all slept good that night!

1 Comments:

At 8:52 AM , Blogger Heather said...

Hi! We adopted our twins too (twin boys from Haiti). They just turned three yesterday -- so I guess they are exactly two years older than your. Love your blog! It is hard to find blogs of inter-racial black-white families with adopted twins. I'm so glad I found yours! Thanks for blogging! ~ Heather

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home