Monday, April 30, 2007

the good news is.....

Jon will be starting a new job in 3 weeks!!! It's a great company and he's really excited about the kind of work he'll be doing.

I'm very excited about what this job change means for our family. His new company is in the city, so he'll be able to take the train and we'll have a whole lot more time as a family. (No more 3 hour round trip commutes!)

I'm also unbelievably excited at the prospect of me and the twins taking the train downtown, meeting Jon for lunch, and hanging out in the city until he gets off work. Overall, our lifestyle will change for the better.

It's always bittersweet to leave a company that has believed in you, but we're excited to see how the future unfolds.

6 Comments:

At 1:35 PM , Blogger Tiny's Mom said...

Congratulations!!!
I was on pins & needles waiting to hear the good news!!!

 
At 6:44 PM , Blogger Christina said...

Congrats! It's amazing what a shortened commute can do for quality of life. Chris used to take the Metra out to Deerfield for his job (we lived in Logan Square). It wasn't much fun. Enjoy the new-found time!

 
At 8:54 PM , Blogger Angela :-) said...

Congrats! I, too, was on the edge of my seat, waiting. LOL I expected a new family addition, but a new job is good, too!

Angela :-)

 
At 10:47 PM , Blogger Mark and Sarah said...

Hooray! I kept waiting for the update. Cities are great...congratulations to Jon (and you too!).

 
At 6:49 AM , Blogger Stacy said...

Yes! Sort commutes and extra family time!!!! What a treat. Congratulations I am so happy for the 4 of you.

 
At 9:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

congratz!!! that's awesome news :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home