more house photos: the stairway and little details
Yesterday the painters came to turn our gigantic orangey red stairway wall chocolate brown. I'm really happy with how everything looks, and feel like things are starting to come together. I also started hanging pictures on the walls, which is a sure indication that I'm feeling more at home.
here's the stairway wall before & after:



Here are a few of the details in my office:

The pigs flying lightswitch cover is apropos as that's probably when I'll finally get that room organized.
The one benefit of having a non-stainless steel fridge is that I can actually hang magnets. (I love magnets) Note: the super sugary cereal is for my husband -- not my children.

Then there's the powder room. Yesterday I pulled all of the outdated wallpaper down, so now I just need to sand, prime and paint it. Hopefully I can get that done in the next couple of weeks. Then we'll have to replace the sink and hideous lighting fixture.
I would love to trade this: out for this:



6 Comments:
Wow, I am impressed!! We have been in our house for almost 5 years and we still haven't finished painting!
I love the brown and the powder room is going to be totally awesome
Love the brown and that one-day-yours chandelier!
I love the light blue wall in front of the new chocolate wall...they go together smashingly! I can't wait to see how the powder room turns out. I love home renovation (hence the big project we're undertaking :)!
Ahhhh... Your energy level for actually making improvements is making me jealous. I've plateaued at thinking about improvements.
Are we soul mates? I am loving every inch of your decor... Brown is my hands-down favorite color and that wall ROCKS!!! Keep up the amazing work.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home