Sunday, March 30, 2008

lessons in etiquette

Earlier this week the twins and I attended the funeral of a dear family friend. I was a bit nervous as to how the kids would act during the service, but, for the most part, they did very well. However, I apparently forgot to teach Isabel and Elijah that it's not acceptable to applaud loudly and yell for "more song" during a funeral.*

Oops.

***I should note that I wasn't nearly as mortified as I otherwise would have been because I suspect that the honoree would have gotten a kick out of it (He was quite the rabble-rouser in his day!) Harry, the world won't be the same without you!***

1 Comments:

At 12:00 PM , Blogger Cindy said...

Michael and Bev (adopted 1.5 year old adorable girl twins from ET around Jan '06) had this same exact story published in Parents' magazine over a year ago (the clapping after a song at a funeral thing). How funny (I think?)! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home