trick or treat...
Izzie and Elijah's first trick or treating experience was a great success! Elijah was dressed as the itsy bitsy spider, and Isabel was a turkey / chicken / other assorted fowl who walked around saying "gobble gobble".


Not surprisingly, they caught on to the whole begging for food thing pretty quickly. Elijah loved going up to the doors and grabbing a piece of candy. Isabel took a slightly different approach. When presented with a large bowl of candy, Izzie would carefully touch each piece, trying to decide which one to take. When she finally decided on her prize, she would grasp it triumphantly, hold it up and flash a huge smile. When the people went back into their homes after distributing the candy, Izzie would stare at the door for a moment before moving on to the next house.

We took a slight detour to play at the park for a few minutes. My children looooooooove the slide, and probably would have been content to hang out there for the rest of the evening, but there was trick or treating to be done...



We had a lot of fun admiring the costumes of the other trick or treaters, and saying hello and blowing kisses to the friendly folks who gave us candy. In a lot of ways, halloween restores my faith in humanity. I mean, seriously, you get to walk around the neighborhood, knock on your neighbors' doors, they're happy to see you, and they give you candy?
Here's our take:

The rule is that each member of our family may have one piece of halloween candy per day until it is gone. Wish me luck!
Not surprisingly, they caught on to the whole begging for food thing pretty quickly. Elijah loved going up to the doors and grabbing a piece of candy. Isabel took a slightly different approach. When presented with a large bowl of candy, Izzie would carefully touch each piece, trying to decide which one to take. When she finally decided on her prize, she would grasp it triumphantly, hold it up and flash a huge smile. When the people went back into their homes after distributing the candy, Izzie would stare at the door for a moment before moving on to the next house.
We took a slight detour to play at the park for a few minutes. My children looooooooove the slide, and probably would have been content to hang out there for the rest of the evening, but there was trick or treating to be done...
We had a lot of fun admiring the costumes of the other trick or treaters, and saying hello and blowing kisses to the friendly folks who gave us candy. In a lot of ways, halloween restores my faith in humanity. I mean, seriously, you get to walk around the neighborhood, knock on your neighbors' doors, they're happy to see you, and they give you candy?
Here's our take:
The rule is that each member of our family may have one piece of halloween candy per day until it is gone. Wish me luck!


3 Comments:
You're kiddos look soooooo cute, Jayme! And Makena, too, of course! Looks like you had lots of fun! :)
I just wanted to say hi! I found your blog on a random search, but when I saw you had adopted from Ethiopia and live in Evanston I had to keep reading. I've just recently moved to Evanston for grad school, love children, and secretly hope to adopt someday. For now, though, I get my kid fix from babysitting! Well, I did at home in Canada, anyway. Your kids are beautiful and I enjoyed reading a bit about your journey to parenthood. Feel free to check out my blog if you ever need a babysitter, or someone to practice photography on your kids :)
TOO adorable!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home