Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Incoherent unrelated thoughts and a cute story

It was an incredibly eventful weekend in our little world, and we have good news and very sad news.

On Sunday we learned that a good friend of our family, a vibrant 14 year old girl, has been paralyzed in a freak gymnastics accident. Her long term prognosis is still unknown, and there have been some encouraging improvements (she is regaining the ability to move her arms), but following her surgery the doctors said that it is unlikely that she will make a full recovery. Obviously we're all hoping for the very best...

Gymnastics is a dangerous sport, and I think we tend to forget just how quickly one bad move can change a life when we're caught up in the beauty of watching these little girls flip their bodies through midair.

After that somber introduction, here's a happy little story:

Last night I went grocery shopping, leaving Jon to bathe the kids and put them to bed. Apparently at some point, he said "mama" and Elijah found my picture in his photo album, pointed to me, and said "mama"! Jon was shocked, so he called me and as I was saying goodnight to Isabel and Elijah, Jon asked Izzie "Where's mama?" To answer this question, she apparently knelt down to reach the photo album, found my picture, and pointed to it!

I knew that Izzie and Elijah know who we are, but I didn't know that they are able to associate pictures of us with us in real life. I'm very excited by this little revelation.

I also scheduled our 6 month post placement visit for the end of July. It's so hard to believe that they've been home that long. Time flies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home