Tuesday, March 20, 2007

just a quick update

Tomorrow the twins and I are going to Hawaii with my father and my sister. I wish I could say that we're going for fun, but in actuality we're going to spread my mother's ashes in her very favourite place.

I'm a little nervous about the trip. There's no doubt that it's going to be hard emotionally, and now I have these two little lives that are totally dependent on me to meet their needs. At least I'll have some help in my father and sister...

In other news, we took the kids to their first restaurant last night. We had mexican food with several friends, and the twins worked their charms on everyone in the place. Several families commented on how beautiful they are, and one woman actually told us that "they're just about over the legal limit on cute!"

I might be slightly biased, but I have to agree...

3 Comments:

At 11:08 AM , Blogger Jesi Q said...

No, you aren't JUST biased... they are TOTALLY cute. I love the blog, and all the pictures! Since I haven't been able to start the process yet, but my husband and I are requesting twins, it is so exciting to follow your blog! I hope the trip to Hawaii goes well, I'll keep you in my thoughts through the difficult journey.

Jesi
(JesifromOC on CHSFS forum)

 
At 4:14 PM , Blogger Leppard said...

Hi,
I was born in Ethiopia and spent the first 18 years of my life in Africa. My husband and I have been trying for kids but nothing is happening. Adoption has always been on my heart, so I googled Ethiopian adoption of twins and your site came up. I read the whole thing. Thanks for being so honest and making it sound like an amazing adventure not a trial. I understand there will be ups and downs, but I just wanted to thank you for your insight.
Moira

 
At 6:22 AM , Blogger Susy Q said...

Your twins look so adorable and innocent- how could they NOT be little angels on the trip? Good luck!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home