Tuesday, March 13, 2007

adventures on the bus, and shots

So yesterday we had to go back to the doctor so that we could start our vaccinations. Since we only have one car, the twins and I had to take the bus. It actually went very well -- the driver had 5 month old twins herself, so we talked about the perils and joys of raising twins the entire ride while the other passengers cooed over the babies. Lets just say we attract a lot of attention.

The Doctor's visit was hard (because it was just me trying to corral two active babies). I had to hold them as they got their shots, and it was the first time since we've known them that they've both been hysterically crying at the same time. (They've cried together before, but not like this...) On a positive note, they have each gained a little over half a pound! Grow babies grow!

As soon as I got them dressed, buckled into the stroller, and out the door, they fell asleep. It was a gorgeous day (an unseasonably warm 60 degrees) so I decided to walk the 3 miles home while they napped. It was really nice except for the fact that I was exhausted by the time we got home, and the kids were just waking up and ready to play. argh!

They're doing much better with sleep. We've started giving them some formula just before we put them down to sleep, and that seems to be helping immensely. They're still sleeping through the night unless they need to be changed.

They're also pulling themselves up at every opportunity. I really should finish baby proofing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home