a few of our favourite things
So now that we've had time to test out all of our new baby gear, I wanted to dedicate a post to some of the things that we love. Here goes:
Our Stroller:
The Mountain Buggy Urban Double

This stroller is amazing. Easy to manage even one handed, and can navigate curbs, piles of snow, and other random obstacles without any problem. It's the narrowest side by side double stroller on the market, so it fits through any standard sized door. Since we don't have a second car, I was insistent that we get a good stroller, and I am absolutely thrilled with our choice.
Car Seats:
Britax Marathon Convertable Car Seats

Who would have thought car seats could be so cute? Once we got these installed, they have been so easy to use, and the kids seem to like them too! The two biggest reasons we chose these particular car seats were the safety ratings and the fact that they can accomodate children up to 65 pounds. We're in this for the long haul.
Clothes:
Zutano Baby Basics

Adorable prints, mix and match separates, and super soft cotton that washes beautifully. This is my favourite children's clothing brand.
Haircare:
Carol's Daughter Products
We have the Hair Milk, The Black Vanilla leave-in conditioner, and the Tui Hair Smoothie. The twins get baths every other day, and most days I just "wash" their hair with my own rosemary mint conditioner. Once a week, I actually use shampoo to get rid of any product build-up, and then I do a deep-conditioning hair smoothie (which smells delicious!!!), and use the leave in conditioner. The hair milk is good for everyday use. It helps style and condition the hair at the same time.
Travel Gear:
Kidco Peapod Travel Bed
In all fairness, we haven't used this yet, but I already love it! It's an actual enclosed tent for babies. It folds down quite small for easy transport, and pops up quickly and easily. There is an air mattress for added comfort that goes on the bottom, and a padded surface for the kids to sleep on. We plan to use these for travel, camping, going to the beach, and I'm sure we'll come up with many other uses for them.


5 Comments:
I am a Millwaukee area mom contemplating with my husband to adopt from Ethiopia. Your blog has been wonderful to read as we have these very serious and deep discussions. Your kids are a beautiful inspiration for us! Thanks for sharing with us total strangers up here!
I LOVE the Carol's Daughter products too. They smell SOOO good!
We used the Kidco Peapod Travel Bed as an alternative to a cradle in our room whe Grace came home last year. Since she was 7 months old, and we were't sure how quickly she would outgrow a cradle (by weight or development), this seemed like a smarter investment. She loved it! Once she was old enough to crawl, she would just crawl over to the side of the bed when she woke up in the night. It seemed to make her feel far more secure to know she didn't even have to cry to get our attention. It was also nice when we went somewhere, because she could always sleep in the same bed.
Hi Jayme, it's Cinds from the forum. Just want to second the Zutano clothing! LOVE the funky styles! We have many of the overall styles and I bought the polka dots one in various sizes so my trips can where them for the next 2 years. Groovy boys! :)
I don't know if I've said this yet.....but your twins are sooooooo darn cute!!! And btw I love those outfits!! I love checking you blog for new pictures! Seeing your two beautiful children makes me soooo impatient to travel and bring my baby home.....
Mel
I posted about Zutano on Design Mom as "the best clothes you don't know about yet". I can't believe that I didn't know about them before my last....
They look great!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home