Saturday, February 10, 2007

A moment of thanks

I've been running around like crazy trying to get everything in order so that we can leave. The store, the bank, lunch with friends, the post office, Sams Club to stock up on essentials, back to the store. It's ceaseless!

Somewhere in the midst of the madness, I was hit with just how heavy this all is. I feel like I need to take a moment and thank the people who have supported us through this crazy process.

First of all, my parents. My mom won't have the chance to meet our little ones, but she was their biggest fan. The twins will bring so much joy and hope into my father's life. I am already amazed at how they've softened his rough edges. He has been more supportive of us through this process than I ever could have imagined. Thank you.

Our friends (too numerous to name individually). The people who have listened to us complain about our referral wait, who celebrated with us when we finally got the call, who went shopping with us, who threw us the most beautiful and thoughtful baby showers, and who are already thinking of how they can help us out when we get home. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Our "Forum Family". The only other people in the world who know exactly what we're going through because they're going through it too! They have been my inspiration, my support system, and sometimes the only thing that has kept me from going completely off the deep end. Thank you!

The adoptive families from Illinois and Wisconsin who've allowed me to tag along to events and get to know your beautiful families. I've made some of the most amazing friends throughout this journey, and my life is so much richer for that. Thank you.

Lindsay, Alexa, Jan, and all of the other miracle workers at CHSFS. I still have no idea how they manage to find the perfect match for every family, but they do it. For putting up with endless questions and random pointless e-mails that were really only thinly veiled attempts at finding out our current wait status. And for helping our family come together, A million thank yous!

Asnake, The Nannies, and all of the other staff at the care center. For taking such amazing care of our children and making sure that our babies know love. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to open your hearts to these children who will be in your arms so briefly. My admiration for you is immense. Thank you.

Finally, the biggest and most important thank you of all.

To our children's Ethiopian family. How can I possibly find words to express how honoured we are to have been given the gift of knowing these beautiful children? Thank you for bringing them into this world, for bathing them in love while they were with you, and for making the ultimate sacrifice in relinquishing them for adoption. I cannot possibly know how difficult this decision has been for you. But I do want you to know that we will do everything in our power to make sure that our children know you and respect how hard it was for you to allow them to be parented by us. You are their roots. Their history. And they will know that. There are no words to thank you appropriately...

4 Comments:

At 7:35 AM , Blogger Angela :-) said...

Amen! Well said.

Angela :-)

 
At 2:08 PM , Blogger 5KidMom said...

Beautifully said. You're welcome. Now, GO GET THOSE BABIES!!! 8^)

 
At 3:48 AM , Blogger Blondie said...

We will all be waiting here patiently for your triumphant return. Have a wonderful time and make lots of memories.

 
At 10:12 AM , Blogger Brooke said...

following your journey from the forum... your family is in our prayers as you go to pick your babies!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home