Saturday, October 14, 2006

retail therapy

So I've been feeling a little (okay, a lot) down lately. I don't want to be a complainer, but some days I'm not sure whether we'll ever get our referral. We've been next on the list for young siblings for over a month, but last Thursday at least 5 people I know recieved their referrals, and ours was not one of them. To top it off, the lucky group of 5 included one family whose referral was for young sibling boys. I know that there are other factors and powers at work here, and I truly am happy for all of these newly created families, but I want to be able to celebrate with them, and not just for them...

Anyway, one of the things that has been driving me craziest is the fact that I can't really shop for anything until we know the ages and sexes of our kids. It's so hard to feel as though things are moving forward when everything in our day to day lives is staying the same.

Well, today Jon and I went shopping and got some great stuff at incredible prices.

for instance, we picked up this gorgeous rug at about 75% off the original price. It's perfect for our little play area just outside the kids' room.

Our dog Roscoe loves it and has already attempted to lay claim to it!

We also went to a toy store that's going out of business and stocked up on fun little surprises for the plane ride home. Our biggest splurge of the day was a set of good wooden unit blocks.

Overall, I think we did really well, and the entire trip was very cathartic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home