Monday, October 23, 2006

getting there...

The room that will become our children's bedroom is currently my office /art room. While I'm slightly concerned about what giving this room up will mean for the general order of the rest of our home, I'm so excited to decorate the room that will someday (soon!?!) belong to our children. It just makes this whole process seem that much more real.

After months of stopping in every children's store that we pass and gazing forlornly at the sea of cuteness, Jon has finally allowed me to start shopping for some non age or gender dependent things. my most recent purchase was a book rack.

Children's books are one of my very favourite things in the world. I love the illustrations, and they way that a good children's book can transport you into magical worlds in an instant. Needless to say, I've been very excited to have an excuse to stock up on great children's books.

When thinking about the design of our childrens' room, it was important to me that they have access to their books. I've had the idea of using a plate rack to display a rotating selection of books at children's eye level for several years. Then pottery barn came out with several different bookracks, and I fell in love.



So here's what we did this weekend. One little corner of my office is starting to look like a children's room. Now if only we could get our referral before the dust settles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home