update
So, I do have internet access after all. However, I don't have the software to upload pictures so I'll have to come back and add them in later.
Here's what we've been up to for the past week:
We're completely out of our old place. The movers came on Monday morning and were finished in just over 2 hours. Every time we move I'm completely shocked by how fast they are. A couple of trips up and down those 47 stairs exhausted me, and these men did it a zillion times with heavy furniture on their backs.
The twins loved watching them load the giant moving truck. They handled the whole experience extremely well, and once again I feel so lucky to have such wonderful, adaptable children. After the movers left, Jon and I spent the next day and a half cleaning, spackling, sanding and packing up all the random odds and ends left behind. It took a couple of days to recover from the whole ordeal.
We have settled in quite comfortably in our new digs. It's been really fun exploring a new area with the kids, and it's a million times easier to get in and out of the house. Our gracious hosts are not only some of the nicest people we've ever met, but are also great fun to be around.
We've been to several parks, and the twins are becoming quite adept at climbing ladders (who knew they could do that!?! Isn't that something only big kids can do? ) They love the slide and could easily spend hours going up and down.
This past weekend, we got to go swimming with Stacy, Lucy, Melanie, Morgan, Nancy and Makena (see their blogs for pictures... I'm the lame bad momma who always forgets to take them...) Swimming with two toddlers and only one me was an adventure, but we had so much fun. Geremu loved the water and had a fantastic time fearlessly jumping in, splashing about, and giggling. Tsege wasn't so sure what she thought, and clung to me, shivering the whole time. She was a trooper though, and liked being thrown in the air and caught just before she went under the water.
It was so nice to see Stacy and Lucy, and to finally meet Mel and Morgan. I'm really looking forward to making these visits a regular thing.
On Monday the twins and I went to the zoo. We spent almost 4 hours there and got to see the gorillas, gibbons, lions, panther, sea lions, giraffes, snakes, bats, wallabies, naked mole rats, and many other animals. The twins were especially excited to see the rhinocerous, and stood at his enclosure for about 10 minutes, shouting "hi rhino" and proudly showing him off to all the passers-by.
Yesterday, we had a lovely morning with Nancy, Tesfaye and Makena at the park. We also got to visit with my old preschool class, who were eager to take the twins under their wings and show them the ropes of how to properly play at the park. At one point, Elijah was running around with 4 of the older boys, his tiny head barely at their shoulders. It was all very sweet.
Tomorrow we are going on our very first road trip as a family. Jon's birthday is Saturday and we're heading to St. Louis (for the children's museum), Columbia (because I went to school there for a couple of years), and Kansas City (because Jon's never been there). I'm hoping the kids do well in the car, and I'm really looking forward to the adventure.
The time is flying and before too long it will be time to move into our new place! I can't wait.
Hope everyone out there in the blogosphere is doing well and enjoying the lovely spring weather!


3 Comments:
Sounds like you're making the most of your transition time...sounds like you're having a lot of fun, in fact! Enjoy your road trip--and take some pics to share :)
Ahhh! Too bad you're not coming into StL next weekend - we're having an EKC event at one of our children's museums! Have a great time!
Hi Jayme! I can't believe you're going to be so close to me and yet we will not meet. Boooo! Good luck with the road trip, bring lots of snackies. I love love road trips, but I get so tired meandering back n forth through our van and turning my head somany times until my neck aches. Oh, and those Bjorn pocket bibs make great feeding troughs for little ones riding in cars (but you probably already knew that!).
Now off to look at pics on Stacy's and Melanie's blogs. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home