Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tagged

Rules of play:

* Post 10 random things about yourself
* Choose 5 people to tag and a reason you chose each person (can be totally nonsensical)
* Leave them each a comment directing them to your blog so they know they are it (wait a minute...shouldn't everyone be reading my blog???? You mean they're not????)
* You can't tag the person who tagged you (you'll have to make new friends)
* As a courtesy to the person who tagged you, please let them know when you have posted so they can have the sheer delight and extra work load of reading your answers
* Play!!

Random facts and habits...10 of them (not 4 or 7 or 8...10...that's the rule):

1. My entire life has been a series of dichotomies: Example: I grew up in one of the most diverse, relatively urban communities in the country at the time, and then moved when I was 10 to an extremely homogeneous country town with lots of acreage. I think it's made me appreciate different perspectives even more than I would have otherwise. It's also helped me to develop strong and firm opinions on my own likes and dislikes.
2. I would love to be an artist, but I think my creativity was killed by public school. (I had an art teacher once who regularly kicked me out of class because he didn't like how I did things.)
3. In my spare time, I draw houses. Floorplans, room views, etc. I choose colour palettes, fixtures, appliances, tiles, etc. I absolutely love architecture and would have become an architect if it wasn't for those damn inside dimensions!
4. In high school, I was pretty avant garde. I never exactly felt like I "fit in" with any one group, but I got along with everyone. I wore some pretty crazy clothes (many of which I made or tweaked myself. Favourites included a skirt made of ties, an old blue mechanic's jacket with the name "Duke" on it, black combat boots with rainbow laces (because I loved the juxtaposition of philosophies), a vest with silk flowers sewn all over it, and another vest with various buttons. These days, my ideologies are pretty much the same, but I'm lucky if I can change out of pajamas or sweats most days.
5. I love poetry and literature, but I'm not a writer. I often wish I was.
6. I firmly believe that the meaning of life is to find balance and try to leave the world a little bit better than you found it.
7. I once created a musical autobiography - a cd of songs that have related to various points in my life. It's ever-evolving.
8. I take a bath every day that I possibly can.
9. I love random Americana. Denver International Airport is fantastic because it has a map of all the crazy places in America. Jon and I once took a trip to Minnesota just to visit the Museum of Questionable Medical Devices.
10. I have a very hard time falling asleep, and an even harder time staying asleep. I've recently begun listening to a cd of layered, looped instrumental cello music and it's helped immensely.

And the nominees are...5 of them (not 3 or 8 or 10...5...that's the rule):

1. Cindy - Because you seem to have lived a very interesting life, and I'd like to know more!
2. Cathy - Because you live in my old college town, and I so admire your mom skills.
3. Diane - Because I can't even imagine what you'll come up with, and I really need a laugh...
4. Sarah - Because you don't have enough to do, with an adorable newborn and toddler to chase around all day!
5. Melanie - Because one day (soon???) we shall meet and I want some more background info!

6 Comments:

At 9:13 AM , Blogger thecostofliving said...

I have the same sleep issues - takes forever to fall asleep and I wake up all the time. Everything disturbs me when I'm trying to sleep. What's the music you listen to? I was curious...I'd like to try that tactic. Thanks!

 
At 9:38 AM , Blogger jayme said...

Her name is Zoe Keating. Here's the link to her website: http://www.zoekeating.com/

I've only been doing it for a few days, but it's been working incredibly well. Good luck!

 
At 8:16 PM , Blogger D said...

http://hawu.wordpress.com/2008/03/11/10-things-per-jaymes-request/

 
At 8:17 PM , Blogger D said...

http://hawu.wordpress.com/2008/03/11/10-things-per-jaymes-request/

That didn't hyperlink properly. You'll have to cut-n-paste.

 
At 12:27 PM , Blogger Cindy said...

Gosh dang Jayme, that's just about the nicest compliment I've heard in a long time :)! I had to scratch my head and think, hmmm. . . intersting life, is this true (then I clicked on my link because I thought, well, she must mean the Cindy who lives in Cairo)? Well, sure, I guess it has had some intersting moments!!
I'll need time to think on this tag. . .

Last weekend Jerry, I, and the triplets went in our minivan to Walmart (no judegments please, I realize there are two words in that sentence that do not shine good lights on me) and afteward Jerry says, well if you didn't feel like your average boring Middle-America mom and dad after going to Walmart with kids in a minivan, I guess you do now (of course I replied, yeah, with Ethiopian triplets just like everyone else). :0)

BTW, I fall asleep fine, but staying asleep, arrg those 3 O'clock blues!

 
At 5:30 PM , Blogger cathy said...

I love reading OTHER people's blogs when they're tagged, but I always have a hard time coming up with things about me. I'll get working on it. Thanks for the great photos of your kids (as always) and for so much wonderful info about you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home