giant ball of STRESS
I haven't been blogging much. I've been way too busy trying to deal with our crazy stressful living situation. Essentially, our landlords are jerks and are forcing us out of the condo we've been renting for the past 3.5 years. We have one month to move out, nowhere to go, and they refuse to be the slightest bit reasonable or compassionate about the whole situation. Apparently they've made some stupid financial decisions and feel like they need to put this place on the market now so that they can sell during the spring market. (Why they would want to carry the mortgage on an empty unit while it's on the market is beyond me.)
A few factors to further complicate the issue:
1. We are *trying* to buy a home. We're actually under contract right now, but the home inspection turned up some major structural and safety issues, so unless the seller is willing to address those things, we will have to walk away from the deal.
2. Even if the sellers do address the issues, we won't be able to close until the end of May, which still leaves us homeless for 2 months.
3. We must maintain an address in the city where we currently live if we want to remain eligible for the first time homebuyer program which is the only thing that will allow us to buy a home right now.
Moving is hard. Period. Moving with twins and a dog when you have nowhere to move *to* makes everything exponentially more difficult. I wish my landlords had to be the ones to explain to Isabel and Elijah why their toys and clothes have to be packed away into boxes. Every time I pack another item they love, they dissolve into sobs. More often than not, I just want to cry with them...


7 Comments:
Oh Jayme. That is terrible. Moving is so stressful, I can't imagine the not knowing on top of it all. Hugs.
I'm making space in our basement now.
Cry...release the stuff that has no where to go. Then come over and we will drink Sangria until we can both cry no mo'!
I don't know what I would do without Will and Grace and a little lady I call my friend, you :)
A new day IS coming!!!!!!
Jayme, how awful! What crazy, mean landlords! Hoping something really unexpected happens so you're not put out of your place so soon...hoping...
Oh this sounds so hard - I'm sorry you have to go through it. I hope that something changes soon to make it easier. And, drinking sangria would probably help too! :)
Moving sucks. Moving twice, sucks a lot. I hope everything pulls through for you on the house deal. As for the landlords, it is ALWAYS better to show a place furnished. What an absolute pain!
And I'm thirding the plan for some sangria
Major major suckiness! Ohhh, your landlord will gets his, he will! Mean old man!
I hope everything works out for you. I know exactly how you feel as we are currently hoteling it with our twins waiting for our home to close. Not ideal.
Cindy
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home