Monday, February 11, 2008

overheard...

So last night, Izzie was exhausted, and we put her to bed early. Elijah had the rare luxury of spending the evening alone with Jon and me. At one point, Jon was reading Elijah a book on the couch. Roscoe, feeling jealous and wanting attention, started to bark. Elijah stood up, walked over to Roscoe, and said, quite clearly, "Shut up, Rah-Rah".

While this is not exactly the type of language I'd like to encourage long term, Jon and I were rolling on the floor at this little exchange. I guess someone (certainly not yours truly) had better watch what he says when little ears are listening.

3 Comments:

At 6:31 PM , Blogger D said...

My son's first 2-word phrase was "damn dog." I was quite conflicted between pride and shame.

I would guess shut-up is not so bad in comparison.

 
At 5:39 AM , Blogger Stacie said...

That's funny! I should probably watch that too since "Shut Up Hammie" is heard often around here!

 
At 1:53 PM , Blogger Tiny's Mom said...

I'm sure Nora will be saying "Goddammit Smokey!" & Peanut STOP!" very soon ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home