Toddlers!
Both of the twins are finally walking. It's been really interesting to see how each of them has approached this undertaking. Isabel was free standing for almost 2 months before she felt confident enough to take her first steps. When she began to walk, it was very cautiously, a few steps at a time. Even now that she's a relatively strong walker, she prefers to be holding on to something.
Elijah, on the other hand, had no interest in walking or even standing up until about 3 weeks ago. since then, he's barreled forward in his quest for increased mobility. On Sunday he officially started walking. His method, in contrast to his sister's, is to stand up and start going before he even has his balance. He falls down often, but pushes himself right back up and starts over.
I'm amazed at how the approach each of them has taken to learning to walk mirrors their individual personalities. Isabel studies things intently before engaging. She's undoubtedly the more cautious of the two, and clearly thinks things through before she acts. Elijah is silly and gregarious, preferring to jump right into new things. I'm curious to see how these innate personalities play out in other contexts.
Since I've been a very bad mama and not taken any pictures of my children in a very long time, you'll have to wait to see them in action. However, until I can update with pictures of toddlers, here are a couple of photos of Jon with his grumpy face cookie:


3 Comments:
Yum...Now you made me want cookies. Darn it. I see a trip to the grocery store in my future.
(What happened to your last post?)
Angela :-)
Hi Jayme! Pretty cute seeing your babies walk, huh? When Tsega started I almost cried (I will miss babies!), but now I'm excited for everybody to walk 'cause it's so darn cute!
After Tsega's first steps he wouldn't stop until it was mastered; but Bereket took a few steps then nothing, then a few more, then nothing again. . . he's taking his sweet time and still only will go about 6 steps at a time just a few times a day (Sira will start when Bereket goes full force since he always follows in B's footsteps).
As cute as Jon is, more twin pictures soon, please!
I'm with Cindy.....More Twin pics......I need to see the twins!!!!
Mel
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home