Thursday, December 06, 2007

Snow Day

Yesterday we were supposed to meet Jon downtown to see the holiday lights. He planned to take the afternoon off of work, and the twins and I were going to take the train into the city. Because there are two of them and one of me, we needed to go to an el stop that has an elevator. The nearest one of those is about 2 miles away. That's no problem on a typical, average day.

Yesterday was not a typical, average day. It was our first real snowfall. I love snow, and figured it would be no big deal. After packing the diaper bag, bundling up the babies in all their winter gear, lugging everything (and everyone) down the 47 stairs, getting them situated in the stroller and opening the front door, I realized just how much snow we had gotten. Still, I soldiered on, intent to give i&e their first urban holiday experience.

It was still snowing, the streets were barely plowed, and the sidewalks were not shoveled. We made it about halfway before I decided that I was certifiably nuts. We turned around, came home and drank hot chocolate instead.

Once we had warmed up, I went outside and retrieved some snow for the kids to explore. They loved it!

2 Comments:

At 8:12 AM , Blogger Hoffbeauty said...

SO cute! :) Bringing snow inside....what a GREAT idea, Jayme!

 
At 8:50 AM , Blogger Cindy said...

Such thick, lovely curly locks Izzie's sporting these days! We just have ice here, no snow. Yech. We need to get out!

Jayme, I answered your questions about the music over at my blog in the comments section. :)

Stay warm and bundled.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home