Monday, September 04, 2006

The Waiting Game

Well, it's been quite a while since I've posted a blog. I really should be better about keeping this updated, but there's not much news since the courts are closed. I've also been out of the country, so that has contributed to my absence here as well.

The referrals are starting to trickle in again at CHSFS, and I have a feeling ours will be coming before we know it. I'm ready for the call, and can't wait to find out who our children are. I'm certain by now that they are alive somewhere in this world, and some tragedy will have to occur in their young lives before they can be connected with us. This saddens me deeply, but it is one of the inevitabilities of international adoption, and one that we will work through, grieve, and remember together with our children.

On a much happier note, I cannot wait to begin decorating the childrens' room. I can't buy anything until we know ages and genders, so I'm biding my time browsing online, oohing and aahing and gushing over all the adorable things there are to buy.

While I was in Thailand, I picked up a couple of things for the kids... an adorable stuffed monkey with bananas on his bib, a wooden mobile sort of thing that I plan to paint, and a small print of two elephants that will go nicely with the animal theme in their room. Elephants are good luck symbols in Thailand, and I'm still kicking myself that I didn't get any elephant fabric for their 100 good wishes quilts.

In other news, My mother isn't doing very well right now. She's been fighting brain cancer for the past two and a half years, and it's back. She's been in the hospital for the past 3 weeks undergoing another round of chemo, but nobody's sure what the prognosis is. There was a point where we were pretty certain this would be the end, but she's a strong, courageous woman, and she's not ready to give up just yet. Besides, I think she's holding out until she gets to meet her grandchildren. Lets keep our fingers crossed that we learn who they are very soon!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home